• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Following the other Avanti West Coast branding thread being closed because it was too generalised (and it was!), here is a thread specifically for the rebranding of trains (ie livery) and stations (nameboards), similar to the one I created for West Midlands Trains which seems to have gone down well.

When a major change happens I will publish a fleet list.

If you should know of Avanti West Coast trains going in for refurbishment or the stations being rebranded, please say here.

Thanks
TT-ONR-NRN

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They’ve made a quick start getting various bits rebranded. Avanti signage has replaced Virgin’s at Euston overnight and (whilst not seen it myself) looks from Twitter like some station nameboards already have Avanti branding too (the latter is somewhat surprising as most were white-labelled anyway!).

Also, they’re giving away proper Italian mini Panetonne at Euston this morning along with cards introducing the brand.

sprinterguy

Established Member
IMG_20191208_120223_145.jpg Rebranding is much in evidence at Macclesfield today. In other news, the Christmas tree was also being erected in the booking office last night. :D

omnicity4659

Looks like each station will get a unique version of the Avanti brand on their station boards. Nice touch, in my opinion.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Mentioned on the previous thread, stockport also has avanti signage as well

First is really on the ball with new station signage isn’t it, I wonder why??

usually takes a while before signage appears like EMR for example which still has zero signage and has been running since August.

are we going to have a list for stations / trains rebrand like similar threads ?

Gareth

Established Member
The station boards are a bit loud for my tastes. I personally like clean lines and symmetry.

Energy

Established Member

usually takes a while before signage appears like EMR for example which still has zero signage and has been running since August.

are we going to have a list for stations / trains rebrand like similar threads ?
Virgin removed most of the branding though, First are on the ball because everywhere looks a little bland.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Rugby and Birmingham International have Avanti name boards

F7A0E1F0-F50E-4D60-96F3-3CA9A3C8831B.jpeg CAB77117-D806-4EB4-B97B-0066204A218E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Clip

Established Member

good for them - they would look a bit barren after having the virgin branding removed

RealTrains07

Established Member
Virgin removed most of the branding though, First are on the ball because everywhere looks a little bland.
Oh so virgin removed the station signage too?

shame, i wonder what will happen to the bigger signs though like at stafford, take a little longer to replace i would imagine

Worldwide

Manchester Piccadilly ticket office has been rebranded and staff are in new uniform.

Mathew S

Established Member
Oh so virgin removed the station signage too?

shame, i wonder what will happen to the bigger signs though like at stafford, take a little longer to replace i would imagine
They didn't actually remove the signs, just any Virgin logos/branding on them. What Avanti are doing, I believe, is using vinyls to cover the existing physical signs.

RealTrains07

Established Member
They didn't actually remove the signs, just any Virgin logos/branding on them. What Avanti are doing, I believe, is using vinyls to cover the existing physical signs.
Shame was hoping to get a photo of the virgin signage at Stoke and Stafford as per previous transfers the signage usually took a while

RealTrains07

Established Member
The ticket office and lounge at Glasgow Central have also been rebranded.
It will be interesting to see the state of them as the branding may be gone but their will be virgin red somewhere

Mathew S

Established Member
Shame was hoping to get a photo of the virgin signage at Stoke and Stafford as per previous transfers the signage usually took a while
Virgin do seem to have been remarkably effective at erasing themselves. By contrast, there are still old-Northern logos to be seen all over the place after nearly 4 years.

Worldwide

I could be wrong but I suspect the rebranding has happened quickly as Richard Branson would have possibly charged them for continuing to use the virgin brand

Mathew S

Established Member
I could be wrong but I suspect the rebranding has happened quickly as Richard Branson would have possibly charged them for continuing the virgin brand
I can't see that there would have been any basis on which Virgin could have challenged Avanti for using branding which was only remaining because Virgin had failed to meet their own contractual obligation to remove it.

Much more likely, I think, is that they have taken more care over it than other former-TOCs simply because Virgin Trains don't want their next venture associated with a service they no longer operate.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
I could be wrong but I suspect the rebranding has happened quickly as Richard Branson would have possibly charged them for continuing to use the virgin brand

I've seen this mentioned several times and it still staggers me. Virgin were obligated to remove branding, under what condition could they possibly charge someone because they didn't complete it?

thedbdiboy

I've seen this mentioned several times and it still staggers me. Virgin were obligated to remove branding, under what condition could they possibly charge someone because they didn't complete it?
The removal of branding is because Virgin have as far as possible wanted to ensure a complete exit from the West Coast operation for their brand as opposed to any contractual issues. The reason you still see Northern, EMT or SWT collateral on rolling stock and at stations is simply because those brands have absolutely no value elsewhere on cola bottles or medical equipment or TV services. Speculating as to what rules apply or who might want to charge who is a distraction - the job has been done because Virgin actively want to erase their brand where it is no longer applicable in a way that no other TOC has done or is likely too.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Then you have Avanti which has done a very quick job with applying the vinyl at most stations today obvs it will be replaced with proper new signs in time but for every station to have work done on the same day must have taken alot of planning

skifans

Lancaster doesn't yet have the new name boards, although some signs such as the CCTV, performance and some car parking signs have been changed - although some only have stickers on. There is one Virgin logo still hanging on though! Here's a few photos.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 620
  • DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 576
  • DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0048.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 562
  • DSC_0047.JPG
    DSC_0047.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 544
  • DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 553
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 538
  • DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0055.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 549
  • DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 594
  • image%3A104117.jpg
    image%3A104117.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 601
  • image%3A104116.jpg
    image%3A104116.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 623

Belperpete

Established Member
Have they brought in additional staff for all this extra work? Or working extra overtime? Or what other work is being deferred to allow this to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.