Avanti West Coast: Standard Premium

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Established Member
The point of the first class food / drinks offering is that until recently, weekday use of first was largely by people who weren’t paying for it themselves. Hence, to them, it was ‘free’.

Potentially a different world now.

Or freeloaders like me paying a railcard reduced pittance and expecting " free flowing Scotch" :E

MCSHF007

In my (admittedly pre-Covid) experience travelling free in First (on a pass so understandably and unarguably not entitled to anything other than tea/coffee/soft drinks & the odd packet of biscuits/crisps) most regular full fare paying First Class passengers weren't that bothered either - being much more concerned about the "ambience". Those keenest to avail themselves of whatever was available "gratis" were the First Advance/upgrade on the train clientele.

As others have posted more eloquently than me it's the ambience that's far more important to genuine business travellers than the "freebies" (alcoholic or otherwise).

Butts

Established Member
In my (admittedly pre-Covid) experience travelling free in First (on a pass so understandably and unarguably not entitled to anything other than tea/coffee/soft drinks & the odd packet of biscuits/crisps) most regular full fare paying First Class passengers weren't that bothered either - being much more concerned about the "ambience". Those keenest to avail themselves of whatever was available "gratis" were the First Advance/upgrade on the train clientele.

As others have posted more eloquently than me it's the ambience that's far more important to genuine business travellers than the "freebies" (alcoholic or otherwise).

See above post :E