• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestarter

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton jobs currently listed on the website!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FManc

An amazing (and also rare) opportunity for anyone interested in becoming a driver. I wouldn’t expect any other depots than London or Wolves to come up for the time being as the other main depots have had a significant number of internal trainees start over the last 18 months (or don’t require new drivers). I’ve recently qualified and it’s hard work but well worth it at the end!

Jaytrains

An amazing (and also rare) opportunity for anyone interested in becoming a driver. I wouldn’t expect any other depots than London or Wolves to come up for the time being as the other main depots have had a significant number of internal trainees start over the last 18 months (or don’t require new drivers). I’ve recently qualified and it’s hard work but well worth it at the end!

are they enhanced or standard?

na281093

Anyone else not getting anything load up on the “About You” section of the application ??

FManc

are they enhanced or standard?

I went through the process when it was Virgin Trains and it was enhanced then. The structure and operation of the company hasn't really altered since Avanti took over so I'd imagine they'll still be looking for enhanced now (especially given how many applications they are going to have for this). Bare in mind, as I found out when it was Virgin Trains they still get the OPC to use the CBI rather than the MMI. So anyone with existing OPC scores/psychometric passes your MMI won't count and you'll have to sit the CBI. I've sat both and they're basically the same interview. Whether this has changed since Avanti took over, I don't know.

StevieH

I went through the process when it was Virgin Trains and it was enhanced then. The structure and operation of the company hasn't really altered since Avanti took over so I'd imagine they'll still be looking for enhanced now (especially given how many applications they are going to have for this). Bare in mind, as I found out when it was Virgin Trains they still get the OPC to use the CBI rather than the MMI. So anyone with existing OPC scores/psychometric passes your MMI won't count and you'll have to sit the CBI. I've sat both and they're basically the same interview. Whether this has changed since Avanti took over, I don't know.
I sat CBI with Virgin and MMI with another TOC. Passed both but CBI was far harder, woman was trying to pick apart your answers saying they are no good and trying to fail you to put pressure on. Whereas MMI was impossible to fail was just used as a formality and was just a chat basically.

FManc

I sat CBI with Virgin and MMI with another TOC. Passed both but CBI was far harder, woman was trying to pick apart your answers saying they are no good and trying to fail you to put pressure on. Whereas MMI was impossible to fail was just used as a formality and was just a chat basically.

My experience was the exact opposite and likewise I passed both. I guess it comes down to whoever is interviewing you.

Last edited:

StevieH

My experience was the exact opposite and likewise to you I passed both. I guess it comes down to whoever is interviewing you.
Haha yup what way the winds blowing that day and the luck of the draw of who interviews you all plays it's part.

Jaytrains

Oh ok because i can see that its linked to FirstGroup and they are standard level but we’ll see anyways and is it 39k after training?

Gooner18

Wonder if you fail the online opc tests for this application it automatically pulls other applications that you have passed whatever online tests you have already taken for them.

Firestarter

Thanks for the Info

FManc

Oh ok because i can see that its linked to FirstGroup and they are standard level but we’ll see anyways and is it 39k after training?

£39k during training and then goes up in three increments over two years to £67,486. London slightly differs and they get the first increment sooner (to reflect living costs I think).

StevieH

£39k during training and then goes up in three increments over two years to £67,486. London slightly differs and they get the first increment sooner (to reflect living costs I think).
How many hours minimum do you get for working a rest day?

DRS66421

Hi, just wondering if you could give any advice for passing the OPC tests? Can you recommend any practice material? Pushing on trying to peruse my dream in becoming a train driver and having a life long career in the railway. I'm in my late teens and constantly trying to get my foot in the door. Its a daily battle. Many thanks.

PaulBusDriver

Thanks for the heads up, just completed the OPC questionaire.
Good luck to all prospective applicants!

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Avanti West Coast have put down the same restrictions as Chiltern did earlier this week - they will not consider anyone who lives a considerable distance away. They have stated it has to be no more than a 45 minute commute time to both depots.

Jaytrains

Thanks i applied for Euston

Mtop

I've been getting a blank "Tell us about you" section to. Anybody found a way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.