• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Josho124

Ive tried to log in on the Avanti West Coast website to view my application but I cant seem to log on, not even sure I have an account to be honest. All of my contact from them has been through the OPC. Is this the same for everybody else?

Octopus28

There is no application that you can log onto because we’ve done it all through the OPC. So I wouldn’t worry

Pointy End

Still waiting here having completed tests on 4th May.

I think that makes it 8 working days for me now, but they say up to 10 yes?

Octopus28

But that 10 day email might be an automatic one that gets sent out but because of the COVID-19, it might be even longer so don’t stress if you don’t hear after 10 days (my 10 days is up today)

Railhopeful

The original email that invited us to do the tests also said, 10 working days from test deadline. If the closing date was 7th May with a bank holiday included into that, we are looking at the end of next week.

My suggestion is to try and ignore it for a week and if we don't hear anything this time next week, to make contact as per the emails guidance.

The original email that invited us to do the tests also said, 10 working days from test deadline. If the closing date was 7th May with a bank holiday included into that, we are looking at the end of next week.

My suggestion is to try and ignore it for a week and if we don't hear anything this time next week, to make contact as per the emails guidance.
That's an interesting one. The invite I got to take the M7SJT and VSE tests didn't specify a deadline to complete the assessments. I took it on 1 May rather than risk waiting too long and got the email stating I'd hear within 10 working days on the following Monday 4 May. So my 10 days are up today or Monday depending on how you look at it. COVID19 may well slow things down so fingers crossed we all hear something next week.

Octopus28

That's an interesting one. The invite I got to take the M7SJT and VSE tests didn't specify a deadline to complete the assessments. I took it on 1 May rather than risk waiting too long and got the email stating I'd hear within 10 working days on the following Monday 4 May. So my 10 days are up today or Monday depending on how you look at it. COVID19 may well slow things down so fingers crossed we all hear something next week.
Yeah it didn’t tell anyone the deadline, but someone messaged them on behalf of all of us and they said the 7th.

Railhopeful

"If you have any questions or comments about the selection process or completing the online assessment tools then please contact [email protected]. You will receive feedback on your results within 10 working days from the date of the test deadline so please do not contact us before this time for your results or for confirmation that your test results have been saved/received by us. If you are successful through both tests you will be invited to attend a face to face assessment centre. The dates for the assessment centres will be released shortly"

Penultimate paragraph in my email. 10 working days from test deadline. Didn't say the deadline, but someone emailed, so if the deadline was 7th May, 10 working days is end of next week.

Railhopeful

My thoughts exactly. I get it's difficult but I've been through long recruitment processes before. In my current job, I was told the recruitment process would take 5 months and it ended up taking 18 months from application to start date. Best to take deadlines with a pinch of salt, especially with current climate, and take no news as good news for now.

Last edited:

Octopus28

Just had an email from Avanti...felt sick and finally opened it....Avanti Important updates and travel advice! Nearly cried haha! Felt sick for nothing haha!!

Red1980

Virgin Drivers now Avanti are the highest paid drivers in the railway! Getting to drive for Avanti is like going to straight to Emirates without working for EasyJet!
The training Salary is also a very big draw to the job as most TOC’s it’s something in the region of 25k for a full year of training! Most people need to take a significant pay cut which they can’t afford just to get in the door driving with these other TOC’s!

That's got to be the most far fetched over glamourized analogy I've ever read. If only the job was as glamorous as what you've just made out hahahah.

Mjpmark

I've just recieved a successfully through to the next round message, good luck everyone. Looks like emails are on there way.

na281093

Same here, successful! So we just need to wait for them to tell us which assessment date we need to attend?

Geeza3131

Just got a reply

Thank you for completing the Avanti West Coast’s online tests for the role of trainee train driver. I’m pleased to tell you that you’ve been successful on the VSE and M7-SJT.

The next stage of the selection process is an assessment centre where we would like to get to know you some more and to see if working for Avanti West Coast as a trainee driver would be right for you and the organisation. Unfortunately we are having to adjust the way that face to face recruitment is undertaken at this time due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We can only assess a maximum of 4 candidates per session which is a lot lower than our normal number of 25 candidates, therefore we may need to place your application on hold until such time when we are able to accommodate larger gatherings of individuals.

The assessments that we are looking to run will be held at our office (The OPC) which is One Wellstones, Watford, WD17 2AE. The dates we are working with at this time are (though they may be subject to change):

• 15, 16, 17 June
  • 23, 24, 25, 26 June
  • 29, 30 June & 1, 2, 3 July

If you have sat the assessment process previously with another train organisation, we will be aware of this and advise you on the day of what assessment tools you will need to complete. If this does apply to you then please be aware that any tests Avanti ask you to re-sit for their higher standard (likely to be the Group Bourdon and CBI interview) will over-write and supersede any existing results that you currently have.

Josho124

Anyone elses email say at the bottom that they will be in contact if they will be inviting you to an assessment day after the main body of the email?

Tim451

First post here but I've been following this thread for a few weeks now. Also just received an email stating that I'm through. I can stop refreshing my emails quite so often now lol.

Octopus28

Anyone elses email say at the bottom that they will be in contact if they will be inviting you to an assessment day after the main body of the email?
Yeah it’s because they’ll go through and give everyone one of the those dates stipulated in the email. It’s kinda just giving you a heads up that it’ll be one of those dates. Just wait for the next invite email now

Octopus28

It looks like their enhanced passes are for the group bourdon and CBI (is this the same at the MMI?)

Status
Not open for further replies.