• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dan61

When did you submit you application as I only submitted mine a few days ago and heard nothing yet

Dan61

I applied monday and wjthin a few hours it closed so hoping they are doing it in order of submissions

StevieH

Just got invite to next stage vse and m7sjt, any ideas about these?
Think VSE is a nasty one where you have to watch a circle of dots light up one at a time in order and you have to click when it lights up different colour or misses a move goes backwards etc. Then I think there's a column of shapes you have to click when they aren't in order. Then they combine the two which is thoroughly nasty. Think M7SJT is just more scenario questions

Geeza3131

Think VSE is a nasty one where you have to watch a circle of dots light up one at a time in order and you have to click when it lights up different colour or misses a move goes backwards etc. Then I think there's a column of shapes you have to click when they aren't in order. Then they combine the two which is thoroughly nasty. Think M7SJT is just more scenario questions
That sound great!!! Yeah I must of done m7sjt with tpe

Ell887

Just had the email saying I didn’t mean the standard Avanti were looking for (I did the test last Friday). Does that mean it’s a fail or just not standard required for Avanti? It says I can’t reapply for Avanti for 6 months, would this preclude me from applying to other TOCs?

I’m not bothered about the fail as I put a previous address down, I don’t live anywhere near Wolverhampton now. I just wanted to see what the application process entailed. Apologies if that breaks an unwritten code of conduct, I didn’t envisage it have hindering anyone in the grand scheme (clearly it hasn’t now as I didn’t meet standard anyway). Cheers guy/gals.

Good luck to all that progressed!!

Hasosmirza

Hi guys i have got to next stage and been asked to complete VSE online.
What is the deadline as there is not one in the email? I have emailed the conpany back asking

Octopus28

Just got invite to next stage vse and m7sjt, any ideas about these?
Yeah I got that email as well. I’ve done the OPC and plenty of SJT’s but never the VSE! It says practice first but then says “You will receive feedback on your results within 10 working days”
from the date of the test deadline” when is the deadline? haha!

Octopus28

Hi guys i have got to next stage and been asked to complete VSE online.
What is the deadline as there is not one in the email? I have emailed the conpany back asking
You read my mind....just asked that also! If you could let me know what they say that would be great haha

Octopus28

Just had the email saying I didn’t mean the standard Avanti were looking for (I did the test last Friday). Does that mean it’s a fail or just not standard required for Avanti? It says I can’t reapply for Avanti for 6 months, would this preclude me from applying to other TOCs?

I’m not bothered about the fail as I put a previous address down, I don’t live anywhere near Wolverhampton now. I just wanted to see what the application process entailed. Apologies if that breaks an unwritten code of conduct, I didn’t envisage it have hindering anyone in the grand scheme (clearly it hasn’t now as I didn’t meet standard anyway). Cheers guy/gals.

Good luck to all that progressed!!
No you can still apply to other TOCs don’t worry. Good luck next time though you will smash it

na281093

There's no mention of a deadline when this has to be done by, does anyone have a clue? I want to have a few days of practice personally but I don't want to leave it 'too long'.

na281093

Also why does it need to be completed with a mouse rather than a touchpad? I have a laptop so guess I will have to find somewhere selling mouses and mouse pads to hook up to my laptop.

Octopus28

Also why does it need to be completed with a mouse rather than a touchpad? I have a laptop so guess I will have to find somewhere selling mouses and mouse pads to hook up to my laptop.
hasosmirza has emailed to find out about the deadline. But yeah I’ll have to find a mouse as well....don’t know the last time I used one haha

FManc

Yeah that’s the one!
I seem to remember when they combine the two you still have to prioritise one task over the over. Definitely not pleasant and you just need to stay calm and focused when you do lose track of things.

na281093

hasosmirza has emailed to find out about the deadline. But yeah I’ll have to find a mouse as well....don’t know the last time I used one haha

Weird one that because looking at the practice tests, all it will involve is clicking on different things. If anything I feel much more comfortable doing that with a laptop touchpad than a mouse. Maybe they assume you're less likely to click on a wrong answer accidentally with a full on mouse. Has anyone done these tests before that can clarify??

FManc

Weird one that because looking at the practice tests, all it will involve is clicking on different things. If anything I feel much more comfortable doing that with a laptop touchpad than a mouse. Maybe they assume you're less likely to click on a wrong answer accidentally with a full on mouse. Has anyone done these tests before that can clarify??

Yes definitely use a mouse.
Avoid using a trackpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.