• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Octopus28

So 48 people left? 4 people 12 dates??
But it does say...”we may need to place your application on hold until such time when we are able to accommodate larger gatherings of individuals.”

So there’s more than 48 but that’s the first sift and then the rest are in the pool waiting for their assessment invite/date. Guessing they’ll do it ranked on scores from the VSE/M7SJT tests

Railhopeful

Just received my email.
Anyone elses email say at the bottom that they will be in contact if they will be inviting you to an assessment day after the main body of the email?

Mine said the same. Looks like no guarantee we will all have an assessment and our applications might be paused. Is what it is. Congrats all who passed this stage.

Octopus28

they will ask you to complete a few assessments starting with the group bourdon..

are they not meant to send out The assessment practice booklet?
They only have to give you 7 or 14 days (can’t remember which) for the practice pack. So they’ll send it in due course

Kyle807

It looks like their enhanced passes are for the group bourdon and CBI (is this the same at the MMI?)
CBI is a higher level interview to that of the MMI, I don’t think I’m going to continue with application as my current MMI pass result is valid for another 3& half years after speaking to the OPC they confirmed that failure of the CBI would override my MMI

FManc

So 48 people left? 4 people 12 dates??

Initially it looks like it but I imagine there will be more dates in the future for those who are put on hold.

It’ll be more than likely that those taken on will be held in a pool for courses starting in 2021 onwards. There are two courses currently delayed due to COVID-19 which will need to run their duration first.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Based on an email exchange, it seems that the process will involve the ‘top 48’ going to these centres, then I guess once those are done and then people are interviewed and given a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ from Avanti, they will open the centres again until they’ve found the drivers they need.

Octopus28

Is the cbi in place of the mmi or in addition to?
I thought it was in addition to but apparently it’s in place of and if you’ve passed the MMI but decide to take the CBI and fail it, that then overwrites your MMI pass. Which sounds so stupid! If they’re saying it’s 2 different interviews, it should be classed at that and you should have 2 chances at it. Have to just wait and see what the OPC decide to tell people they have to take/retake.

Vdt

I thought it was in addition to but apparently it’s in place of and if you’ve passed the MMI but decide to take the CBI and fail it, that then overwrites your MMI pass. Which sounds so stupid! If they’re saying it’s 2 different interviews, it should be classed at that and you should have 2 chances at it. Have to just wait and see what the OPC decide to tell people they have to take/retake.
Oh right. Ok thanks..
Just waiting to hear again now then

To make matters worse if you pass the cbi it overwrites you’re mmi pass so if your waiting in a pool for another toc then your result is no longer valid.
I spoke to the guy running the course about 18 months ago and he confirmed that only one result counts even though there is 2 assessments.

Jaytrains

To make matters worse if you pass the cbi it overwrites you’re mmi pass so if your waiting in a pool for another toc then your result is no longer valid.
I spoke to the guy running the course about 18 months ago and he confirmed that only one result counts even though there is 2 assessments.

yhhh i heard the same and its silly

donpoku

It is what it is guys & gals just have to up your game a little and give it your all as when you get in you'll probably be set for life.

Mgv1349

Based on an email exchange, it seems that the process will involve the ‘top 48’ going to these centres, then I guess once those are done and then people are interviewed and given a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ from Avanti, they will open the centres again until they’ve found the drivers they need.
There’s 2 stages, it will be more than 1 day at the centre, you usually do the stage 1 then if successful stage two which is the CBI/MMI and computer tests and then usually a driver manager interview. Good luck to everyone, just use the practice materials provided.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
There’s 2 stages, it will be more than 1 day at the centre, you usually do the stage 1 then if successful stage two which is the CBI/MMI and computer tests and then usually a driver manager interview. Good luck to everyone, just use the practice materials provided.

I am aware of the format, I'm more explaining the wording of the email successful applicants received that cited a number of 48.

Octopus28

That’s so so wrong! Why can’t they just say MMI and do different pass rates like the rest of the exams wanting enhanced pass rates.

bruebunny

That’s so so wrong! Why can’t they just say MMI and do different pass rates like the rest of the exams wanting enhanced pass rates.
So as the only TOC that is using CBI, I would have to wait until I get the pass/fail from Avanti before any other can be done, and if I go for this interview first, get my CBI and then get the go ahead from another TOC, my CBI pass will be erased, so I would lose my Avanti place the second I attempt the MMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.