• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytrains

The email just said; On the day itself we will be potentially asking you to complete the following tests so please prepare for all of them:
Group Bourdon
TRP1 & 2
Tea-Occ
Vienna Test System (WAFV, ATAVT, 2-Hand)
CBI interview

So that’s all of them really haha

foreal and you’ve passed them already

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mb1234

For the Group Bourdon, how many on a line? 15 or 25? There is a computer tool somewhere that has 25 but some paper ones have 15 per line so not sure?

Well still no email from AWC but I did receive an email from OPC informing me that I'd scored C grade in the core diagrammatic reasoning tests. Bang average, I'm actually a little annoyed with myself.

Octopus28

For the Group Bourdon, how many on a line? 15 or 25? There is a computer tool somewhere that has 25 but some paper ones have 15 per line so not sure?
I honestly cannot remember, perhaps 15! All I can say is practice practice practice! Get someone to time you and tell you when to change page!

Craigk8163

A few years back I got through to assessments with Virgin for Apprenticeship Scheme. I withdrew as I also had a date with another toc for assessments. I weighed up the options and thought Virgin was too risky as they set their standards too high. Now I’m driving with other toc. It’s a personal choice for everyone. (Btw my toc also required enhanced passes but every toc/foc have their own pass mark).
Up the villa ?

AKP82

Well still no email from AWC but I did receive an email from OPC informing me that I'd scored C grade in the core diagrammatic reasoning tests. Bang average, I'm actually a little annoyed with myself.
I still haven't heard from them.

The Don

Hi all new to this Forum, I'm in the same position. Not yet heard back. Are there reasons why some had been invited and others hadn't? ‍♂

Erowe

Hi all new to this Forum, I'm in the same position. Not yet heard back. Are there reasons why some had been invited and others hadn't? ‍♂
I assume they are just inviting 1 date and then so long after do the next date so everyone has had the information the same amount of time before the assessment days. I wouldn't be suprised if the dates on the email have been delayed due to the virus and they now decided to start them in july instead as I haven't heard anyone say they been invited for june

ArchangelA

just received this...
Re: Application for the role of Trainee Train Driver with Avanti West Coast

I’m just writing with an update on your application to Avanti West Coast. Unfortunately, due to the sheer number of successful applicants going into the next stage of the recruitment process and the current restrictions we have in place for undertaking these assessments safely, Avanti West Coast have decided to hold you in a talent pool until their next round of recruitment. I understand that this will be disappointing news for you, however we will be looking to try and run these assessments some time within the next year.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
So the lucky few who have been selected we suggest they hope will pass, with the rest potentially in reserve in the event that people fail at the main tests and then get the call themselves?

Vdt

just received this...
Re: Application for the role of Trainee Train Driver with Avanti West Coast

I’m just writing with an update on your application to Avanti West Coast. Unfortunately, due to the sheer number of successful applicants going into the next stage of the recruitment process and the current restrictions we have in place for undertaking these assessments safely, Avanti West Coast have decided to hold you in a talent pool until their next round of recruitment. I understand that this will be disappointing news for you, however we will be looking to try and run these assessments some time within the next year.
I've just recieved this too...

L.j.

Is there anyone that has not done the tests before, not got a date? Recieved this email? Everyone I know who has recieved a date to go Watford are new to it all, its their first time.

ArchangelA

Is there anyone that has not done the tests before, not got a date? Recieved this email? Everyone I know who has recieved a date to go Watford are new to it all, its their first time.
I've not done the tests in about 15 or so years but not got a date

L.j.

Be intresting to know how they picked people? If it was just pot luck or based on anything? I thought it may have been alphabetical order but 2 of my friends have got surnames on opposite sides B and W.

Railway123321

Be intresting to know how they picked people? If it was just pot luck or based on anything? I thought it may have been alphabetical order but 2 of my friends have got surnames on opposite sides B and W.
Maybe based on performance/scores in the tests? Just guessing

L.j.

I don't think it will be next year though, I think its just because of everything that is going on with the virus and lockdown it would be easier to say next year instead of keep sending changes if this situation with the virus continues, they will just contact us when they are ready.

The Don

Very frustrating. When the recruitment drive appears once again, will we be invited to the assessment centre straight away or go through all that again?

Status
Not open for further replies.