• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim451

I'm in the same boat. Applied for Wolverhampton, passed SJT online and received email stating I'd met the standard required and that the next stage was OPC tests at Watford. Received another email back late June/early July informing me that they were progressing with a sample of those who had passed and I would be contacted at a later date.

Same here except that I received another email a week or two ago stating that the Wolverhampton positions had been filled but that they'd keep me on file.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Has anybody had a message about this today asking to complete a SAFEPQ assessment, or is this a different job?

TIA.

Sorry this was not for Avanti's Talent Pool people.

Last edited:

Jaytrains

Just got an email for assessment day on the 4/11/20 in Watford asking me to complete group bourdon, trp 1-2 and tea-occ

Hmmm I’ll opt out since I already passed these assessments with another toc and the second assessment will involve the cbi which will over write all my previous passes

D Rivers

If your planning on staying over the night before, (it’s a long day!!)
Travelodge is literally across the road! 8-)

T-Karmel

This one is just paper tests. It will be followed by computerised tests and CBI in November apparently. That's how GWR did it last year as well.

T-Karmel

So why would I do both then?? :lol::lol:
Different TOCs and FOCs require either one of them. At the same time they overrides each other. For example you've passed MMI with another TOC but now you do CBI with Avanti, your MMI gets cancelled and if you need MMI again because you applied again for diffrent company you need to sit it again.

JLX5

Well done to those who heard this week. I’m a bit disheartened I haven’t heard anything, hopefully they haven’t forgot about me!

Well I attended the assessment centre Stage 1 and got a rejection so that's me out. Considering the odds implied by 4-Sub's post above:
8 people a day, 5 days a week for 2 weeks apparently at the moment.
that should improve the chances a little for those still in the process. Good luck to anyone who gets to Stage 2.
SLATFATF

Jason2m

Well I attended the assessment centre Stage 1 and got a rejection so that's me out. Considering the odds implied by 4-Sub's post above:

that should improve the chances a little for those still in the process. Good luck to anyone who gets to Stage 2.
SLATFATF
Sorry too hear that and unlucky. Did they tell you what you didnt pass on?
When did you go to assessment centre?

Mattydo

How long before you receive the outcome of day one? Do they contact via an email or phone call?

Within 24 hours with an email invite to stage 2 in my experience. They did say up to 10 working days though so don’t take that as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.