• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Good luck to all involved in the process at the moment. Lots to take in!

Tigerkenco

Anyone able to share how long the assessments are taking this week?
And how many people per session?
Assuming there are am and pm assessments..

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Anyone able to share how long the assessments are taking this week?
And how many people per session?
Assuming there are am and pm assessments..

I would suggest waiting your turn, as all have done before, where they themselves have not had a "heads up". It's the only way to ensure process fairness.

Tigerkenco

Apologies if I caused offence, but with respect, I’m not sure how any of those three questions are supposed to help to gain an advantage in any way. Does it make a difference if it takes 2, 4 or 6hrs? 5,10 or 20 people?
Fyi, my wife is in hospital and I’m wondering if I might be able to pick my 9 year old up from school at 3.15pm

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Apologies if I caused offence, but with respect, I’m not sure how any of those three questions are supposed to help to gain an advantage in any way. Does it make a difference if it takes 2, 4 or 6hrs? 5,10 or 20 people?
Fyi, my wife is in hospital and I’m wondering if I might be able to pick my 9 year old up from school at 3.15pm
Are you currently in the mix for the assessments? If so, let the OPC know and ask for a steer. They will probably then courteously put your interview (if you pass the computer tests) first.

Jimbo67

I had my part 2 OPC assessment at Watford yesterday. 9am start, finished the CBI prep questions and 3 tests by around 11:15am. We were then given the results, 3 out of 4 made it to the CBI. I was last to be interviewed at 12:30pm and done by 1:45pm. I’ve just had the results and happy days will be progressing to the Driver Manager Interview.

Northernboy

I had my part 2 OPC assessment at Watford yesterday. 9am start, finished the CBI prep questions and 3 tests by around 11:15am. We were then given the results, 3 out of 4 made it to the CBI. I was last to be interviewed at 12:30pm and done by 1:45pm. I’ve just had the results and happy days will be progressing to the Driver Manager Interview.
I’ve just had the same happy news. Although still no sign of the questionnaire they said they needed ASAP... have you received it yet?

Northernboy

Congratulations to you too. Even if we don’t get the job, it’s quite an achievement making it this far.

Did anyone have the foresight to take a screenshot of the job description? I can’t find where I saved it and thought it might be worth looking over again before the DMI.

bruebunny

Just got the dreaded "unfortunately" email from OPC. Second one, so that's my lives gone. Beyond heartbroken. Been chasing this for seven years, and it's just gone in a whimper. Good luck to everyone else out there.

Tigerkenco

Just got the dreaded "unfortunately" email from OPC. Second one, so that's my lives gone. Beyond heartbroken. Been chasing this for seven years, and it's just gone in a whimper. Good luck to everyone else out there.
Sorry to hear that Bruebunny, Good luck in whatever else you decide to do.

Jason2m

Sorry to hear this, I also got that email last week. Do you still have lives for companies that accept the MMI as Avanti use the CBI

Jimbo67

So sorry to hear bruebunny, it really is a brutal process. Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Seasalt

Hello everyone,
Regarding this topic, I have passed all the tests and had the managers interview also.
Is there someone that is at this point also and had a reply from them ?
Regards.

Hello everyone,
Regarding this topic, I have passed all the tests and had the managers interview also.
Regards.
I had my interview a few months ago, the result came back about 3 weeks later so if you haven't heard straight away you may be in for a wait until the New Year now.

Tigerkenco

Hello everyone,
Regards.
I had my interview on Monday, just got an email saying I was unsuccessful today, now waiting for feedback ..gutted

Northernboy

I was told yesterday that I have been successful and they’ll be in touch in January with course details. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on the forum. I have benefited hugely from the wisdom, kindness and camaraderie shared here. I hope this is representative of the industry itself.

Tigerkenco, I’m sorry to hear you weren’t successful this time but take solace in the fact you made it to the finish line. A major achievement in itself! You’ll smash it next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.