• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aviation: A busy few minutes at Exeter Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrymarkb

Established Member
A busy few minutes at Exeter Airport - 5 departures in about 15 mins (then nothing more scheduled for about 3 hours) - I videoed all the Airliners and one Cessna that sneaked out behind the 767.

[youtube]19qibd5nr_w[/youtube]
Thomson 737 for Lanzarote (The aircraft based Exeter has switched from an A320 - I bet that went down well with the pilots)

[youtube]xnSlt1INRDU[/youtube]
Thomson 767 for Barbados (with a Fuel stop at Manchester)
(also notice the C152 that departs while the 767 backtracks to the turning circle)

[youtube]AUmym3qUEsY[/youtube]
Flybe Dash 8-Q400 departs for Amsterdam after a short hold while the Police Helicopter gets out of the way

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Does look rather bumpy from there, doesn't it. I know someone who works there responsible for keeping the Birds off, and scraping up the ones that don't.

starrymarkb

Established Member
It does have a few lumps, the zoom lens does make it worse then it is.

Bristol's runway is very lumpy - I've heard it referred to as a Ski Jump on more then one occasion :lol:

moonrakerz

It does have a few lumps, the zoom lens does make it worse then it is.

Bristol's runway is very lumpy - I've heard it referred to as a Ski Jump on more then one occasion :lol:

Jasper Carrott once said that Jersey Airport was the only one that he knew that had speed humps !

starrymarkb

Established Member
I keep meaning to visit Jersey at some point. Pity that Flybe are so expensive on the route (it's getting close to being cheaper to NatEx it to Gatwick and fly BA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.