• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AWS/Signal Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I've added in AWS and BR Signals into my route, however, I've struck a problem.
I have placed AWS Magnets 100m beofre the signal(s), however, they make the AWS noise which suggests theyae red, when they are actually green. I wanted to know how to get it to make the 'ping' sound or a green signal???? What is the .beacon command?
Thanks, :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
I thought AWS magnets were normally about 185m from the signal.

In my routes I have used .Beacon 44000;1;1;0, which seems to work OK in most situations. Can anyone enlighten me what the last three parts of the command actually do?

Also, I could do with clearing up the workings of TPWS, as I understand it, a speed trap is set 200-450m before the signal (depending on line speed). This is made up to two TPWS loops separated by ~25m and will stop a train approaching a signal (or speed restriction) at excessive speed.

I think the command for this is Beacon 44002;0;1;nn, - where nn = maximum permitted speed. Not yet figured out the exact significance of the 0 and 1 though.

At the signal, a further 2 TPWS loops are present adjacent to each other and which again act as a speed trap to stop anything passing the signal at danger. I have used Beacon 44003;0;1;0, but this does not seem to work properly in all situations.

Some definitive guidelines on both AWS and TPWS (for 2,3 and 4 aspect signalling as well as speed restrictions) would really be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.