• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AXC Thieves??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Alright, this is really taking the mick. On booking my friends train tickets the other night, I was expecting a confirmation email from AXC for my confirmation code. Having still not recieved the confirmation code - I checked my email and found a link to journeys that I had booked etc. Looking at this, I found that my tickets to Bodmin Parkway from Leeds hadn't been booked - BUT my account HAS been charged!! So - where do I stand with all this now?? I'm not ringing AXC up, as I tried that today, ended up getting through to a woman I couldn't understand, who kept telling me their system was down on Friday night.

Help!!??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Suggestion; ring up and be persistant. I work in a call centre (not AXC/thetrainline you'll be glad to know ;) ) and I do know that the persistent callers get the issue resolved quicker. Unfair to the patient ones, I know, but it does work.

Bayum

Established Member
What do I do about my money position though?? And what if they cancel the ticket, refund me, and the ticket price has gone up?? Or we can't get reservations because of it?

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What do I do about my money position though?? And what if they cancel the ticket, refund me, and the ticket price has gone up?? Or we can't get reservations because of it?

The best idea is to call them and see what they say. They may ask for proof that your account has been charged, then presumably you would send them a copy of a bank statement. I seem to remember when I had this issue a while back, it was resolved fairly easily and the details emailed over to me.

This has happened to me with FTPE. You will need to send ALL confirmation to AXC Customer Services (or head office) and they should give you a refund. FTPE did with me. In the letter say you were embarrased etc, etc.

Bayum

Established Member
Yes - but we go on the 21st - so, obviously Im not going to have that much time really am I?? I'll try that though - thanks for all the suggestions!!

Ah the only solution is to buy another ticket. I tried and tried but they said no to giving me another code! So send the print out + the new tickets bought and you'll get a refund.

P156KWJ

Established Member
when you ring up, make sure to add "my father's a judge and will be down to see you tomorrow if this isn'tsorted now!" :lol:

Tom B

Established Member
I had a similar problem with NXEC, whos site kept displaying "System error - your card has not been charged, please try again". I tried 5 times, all failed, so gave up. When I rung the bank up, I was told that the money had been debited from my account 5 times... RBS told me to phone NXEC, NXEC said to phone RBS... eventually NXEC refunded the money though.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It may be easiest to book again and get the bank to revoke the original charge. I did this once and it worked. It may depend on how good your bank is though.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It may be easiest to book again and get the bank to revoke the original charge. I did this once and it worked. It may depend on how good your bank is though.

This is generally much easier to do on a credit card than a debit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.