• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Axles and wheels seen heading on the M1 northbound (02/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlevel42

Fleeting saw a lorry carrying about 8 axles and wheels northbound on the M1 yesterday near Nottingham yesterday (2/10).- tramtrain?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tramdan

Could have been anything, though I highly doubt that it is tram-train related. The 399s are due for delivery in early December.

asylumxl

Established Member
Lorries often have several axles and multiple wheels to spread the load and reduce damage to the road ;).

Last edited:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Routine overhauls of all the existing stock results in either wheelsets or complete bogies moving around the country continuously, there's really nothing of significance in seeing one particular lorry load.

A-driver

Established Member
Maintanance depots across the country constantly have wheel sets and other parts being delivered. Very common to see lorries carrying bogies at Hornsey depot car park.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I can't remember the last time I took a trip up the M1 and didn't see a flat bed artic with a load of wheelsets on it.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Its only interesting when there is something sitting on the axles...

I've seen a nice 180 driving car on the back of a low loader and a Le Shuttle power car, although the latter was headed the other way on a busy motorway so couldn't get a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.