• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aylesbury (Chiltern) to Pinner (Zone 5) without doubling back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckl2016

Hi all,

I have a quick question about ticketing and whether what I plan to do is allowed?

I need to get from Aylesbury (Chiltern Rail) to Pinner (Underground Zone 5) for work. I can buy a season ticket from Aylesbury to "London Travelcard Zone 5 - 6" from the Chiltern Rail website, however, as the Chiltern Rail service doesn't stop at Pinner, I would have to go to Harrow-on-the-Hill (Zone 5) and double-back on myself to get to Pinner.

Would it be alright to take the Chiltern service to Rickmansworth (Zone 7), not coming out of the station, and switch to an underground train to take me to Pinner? Or would this be in violation of what my ticket allows?

Appreciating any advice :)

Many thanks,

CK

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Changing anywhere between Amersham and Harrow-Hill onto the Met would be fine on your ticket.

ckl2016

Super, thanks for your help there. I just found the line "Travel is allowed via any permitted route." rather ambiguous :)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The double back is also OK in this instance if you would prefer, because you would be on the Travelcard portion of your ticket while doing so; this would allow unlimited travel in zones 5 and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.