• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aylesbury to High Wycombe, seven buses an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmithyton

On Moderation
How on earth does the corridor justify that type of frequency? 4 buses an hour on Arriva bus 300, and 3 an hour on Redline bus 130, surely these buses are just carrying fresh air?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stan Drews

Established Member
How on earth does the corridor justify that type of frequency? 4 buses an hour on Arriva bus 300, and 3 an hour on Redline bus 130, surely these buses are just carrying fresh air?
But if that is the pre-Covid levels of service, at least its fresh air being supported by government funding!

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I guess the operators must think so or they’d likely have been unable to sustain two commercial routes for so long? I think the Redline 130 was previously numbered 321 and was “marketed” for its more direct routing to the south, albeit by current timetabling only a few minutes in it really. Arriva used to run an X30 between the towns too, but I’m not sure what route that took. I guess it was similar to the Redline 130.

Metroman62

I guess the operators must think so or they’d likely have been unable to sustain two commercial routes for so long? I think the Redline 130 was previously numbered 321 and was “marketed” for its more direct routing to the south, albeit by current timetabling only a few minutes in it really. Arriva used to run an X30 between the towns too, but I’m not sure what route that took. I guess it was similar to the Redline 130.

The rail service between the 2 biggest places in Bucks is poor compared to the bus options. Plus the buses serve Stoke Mandeville hospital which may generate a lot of custom

PeterC

Established Member
I never understand why people obsess about traffic between the two terminii on a bus route. I have seen people catch buses at intermediate stops as well and these two services take different routes between Wycombe and Aylesbury, serving different intermediate stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.