• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

B17 Footballer nameplates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Watching a Look at Life documentary this evening about football I was surprised to see a shot of West Ham's B17 nameplate. I got me wondering how many clubs still retain the nameplates they were given and how many are on display. I remember Ian Wright published a guide some years ago on all plates that are on display but sadly I do not have a copy.
image.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Sheffield Wednesday is on a wall inside Hillsborough, Sunderland used to be above the Roker Park tunnel but is now somewhere else at the Stadium of Light, I'm not entirely sure where any more. Norwich is above their tunnel and I believe Newcastle have theirs.

Various threads around the interweb on this, some newer than others!

Meanwhile, hung by the toilets in the basement of Sheffield's Cutlers' Hall are these two pieces of more modern history from 43076 and 222002:20191107_110500.jpg

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
61653's Huddersfield Town nameplates: One was above the main entrance to the main stand of Leeds Road for many years (don't know when it was originally put in place) until demolition in 1994. It moved to the new stadium and was behind the reception in the main entrance. It's a while since I've been round that side but I assume it is still there.
The other was in the Tolson Museum in Ravensknowle Park, Huddersfield- again I assume it still is but haven't visited for many years.

deltic14

One of Sheffield Wednesday's plates (61661) is to be found in the entrance to the Wednesday Tap which is below the South Stand. It is easily viewed if going into the bar but on match days you need a home ticket to gain access. Until a few years ago it was on the wall of the steps leading to the reception area in the South Stand and if you knew where to look could be seen from outside the building. I have heard rumour that the other plate is in the possession of the club but if it is then its location is unknown to me.

20210814_141654.jpg

Neptune

Established Member
One of 61668’s Bradford City nameplates is on display in the stadium’s main entrance foyer whilst the other is on display at the city’s Industrial Museum.

This loco was also the last of the class to be withdrawn in August 1960.

Status
Not open for further replies.