• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

B5 bogies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNBRail

Hi all,

I know it's a long shot but I am looking to buy a pair of B5 bogies. Not fussed on wheel condition but the frames must be sound. Does anyone have any idea where i can get some?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
Hi all,

I know it's a long shot but I am looking to buy a pair of B5 bogies. Not fussed on wheel condition but the frames must be sound. Does anyone have any idea where i can get some?

You may want to try Arlington Fleet Group as a first port of call, I believe they run the Eastleigh operation now and can likely point you in the right direction.

http://www.arlington-fleet.com/contact.html (their contact page)

CNBRail

I have been speaking to Arlingtons, they are actually overhauling our existing bogies! I will give them another go if that coach is a new arrival

D365

Veteran Member
What were you looking to use the bogies for?

themiller

Hi all,

You could try West Coast Railways at Carnforth, they seem to have a lot of vehicles that'd need too much work to return them to service.

1179_Clee2

Hi all,

Do you know there are two types of B5 bogie
B5 coach bogies and B5 (sr) emu bogies
Do you know there are two types of brake rigging
underslung with the brake rod from the brake cross shaft to the rigging going under the axle to apply the brakes
overslung with the brake rod from the brake cross shaft to the rigging going over the axle to apply the brakes
The cross shaft on the V iron that is a third of the way down a Mark 1 coach from the left hand end of a coach, one turns clockwise and the other anti clockwise to pull the brake rod to connect to the bogies to apply the brakes
Only worked on bogies in preservation so don't know air brakes, but on vacuum it is easy to spot one has the cylinder on the left of the V iron (overslung) the other the right

CNBRail

Hi yep, the Southern region ones also have attachment points for the shoe beams, although the axle boxes are cross compatible I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.