• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BA executive club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig2601

It’s been a while since I created my Avila account and have only went to use it now. My account details work for executive club but not for avios and can’t login into avios. Why is this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

atillathehunn

Established Member
What is Avila?

I think that's the important missing piece.

An Exec Club account will not work with Avios. Avios is a currency, and you can have an account with Avios without necessarily going through the BA Exec club.

So logging into the BA Exec Club =/= logging into Avios.

Craig2601

What is Avila?

I think that's the important missing piece.

An Exec Club account will not work with Avios. Avios is a currency, and you can have an account with Avios without necessarily going through the BA Exec club.

So logging into the BA Exec Club =/= logging into Avios.
Thanks for the help, should’ve been “Avios” instead of Avila but spell check went into action :lol:

atillathehunn

Established Member
Ah, explains much.

You can collect Avios through various other schemes. Flybe used to be an Avios partner, but not Exec Club. I believe Tesco offer some kind of Avios deal as well.

So if you have a specific account with Avios, and it isn't working, that's a separate issue. However your log in details with BA will not work with Avios.

Hope that helps.

Alfonso

It’s been a while since I created my Avila account and have only went to use it now. My account details work for executive club but not for avios and can’t login into avios. Why is this?
You should have several emails from Avios explaining the changes... essentially avios still exists as a currency but avios accounts have been migrated to BA executive club accounts. You can however still access the avios platform with an aer Lingus loyalty account or (not for much longer I imagine) a Flybe loyalty account.

Craig2601

Ah, explains much.

You can collect Avios through various other schemes. Flybe used to be an Avios partner, but not Exec Club. I believe Tesco offer some kind of Avios deal as well.

So if you have a specific account with Avios, and it isn't working, that's a separate issue. However your log in details with BA will not work with Avios.

Hope that helps.
You should have several emails from Avios explaining the changes... essentially avios still exists as a currency but avios accounts have been migrated to BA executive club accounts. You can however still access the avios platform with an aer Lingus loyalty account or (not for much longer I imagine) a Flybe loyalty account.
Ah thanks for clearing it up!

Alfonso

Flybe/Avios partnership ends 30th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.