• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BA Lounges

Butts

Veteran Member
Seems strange that BA have axed Newcastle and Manchester Lounges yet retained Edinburgh Glasgow and Aberdeen ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Royston Vasey

Established Member
I'd be very surprised if the Newcastle closure permanently resulted in no lounge. That can be a very well loaded route and will be again when things return to normal.

I wonder if it'll be a case of invitation cards to the Aspire lounge for status passengers, as in places like Munich and Lyon where there is no other Oneworld lounge in their terminal - those two are better than a typical BA outstation lounge - the Munich lounge is way better than the Galleries it replaced!

NCL was very large for its demand though and was a very dated ex-Terraces affair with a few second hand Galleries armchairs. The decor was possibly only one step above the Stuttgart lounge which was so bad they took their name off it and flogged it! (Review in German here)

Butts

Veteran Member
I'd be very surprised if the Newcastle closure permanently resulted in no lounge. That can be a very well loaded route and will be again when things return to normal.

I wonder if it'll be a case of invitation cards to the Aspire lounge for status passengers, as in places like Munich and Lyon where there is no other Oneworld lounge in their terminal - those two are better than a typical BA outstation lounge - the Munich lounge is way better than the Galleries it replaced!

NCL was very large for its demand though and was a very dated ex-Terraces affair with a few second hand Galleries armchairs. The decor was possibly only one step above the Stuttgart lounge which was so bad they took their name off it and flogged it! (Review in German here)

Aspire have taken over the Belfast City Lounge from BA so perhaps an arrangement will be made in Newcastle and Manchester.

Butts

Veteran Member
Visited the BA (Aspire) Lounge at Inverness Airport on Sunday.

It must be about the smallest one going - just a little partitioned area in the smallish departures area.

Top notch service from the surprisingly large staff of 3 to serve a maximum of 20 occupants.

Normal Aspire offering not top notch but still as it's gratis one can't complain.

I am a little perplexed !!

Having made it to the BA 1st Class Lounge at T5 it's not quite the elevation from Galleries I was expecting in terms of catering and drinks available.

Do you have to get into The Concorde Room before The Fillet Mignon appears ?

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
BA Lounge at Edinburgh has just reopened after a refurb - anyone been in yet?

I will be there on Friday.

One thing for certain the Whisky will be a lot cheaper than that in the CS Lounge.