• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

bachmann class 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAINALEX100

please can someone help, i have got a bachmann class 37 and the snow plough has broken off and part is stuck inside the nem pocket, i have tried pliers to pull it out but it didnt work. i did think though whether i could push it out from the front and poke the stuck prongs out the back into the bogie
thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
It is quite possible there is a clip on the end of the NEM fitting which is holding the plough remnant in place, certainly the couplings have them. If it is possible to access that end of the NEM pocket, it might be possible the push the remnants out.

K9-70

Turn your Class 37 upside down.

Take a pair of long nose pliers, and at the rear end of the NEM pocket where the broken snow plough prongs protude, squeeze them together and ease them forward at the same time. If it fails the first time, just keep trying.

When the prongs can be pushed no further, then take the long nose pliers and pull out the broken snow plough remains.

Since the motor is centrally mounted in the body, you won't harm it by using this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.