• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bad advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Perhaps that's not a good station to put up that poster at :|

At least it's on the Victoria line platforms though!

Coxster

Established Member
If they were going to photoshop it then surely they'd have edited the Victoria line blue to Northern line black? It's featured on Annie Mole's blog and I really can't imagine she'd have published an article about it without doing any research first.

Death

Established Member
Hail All! <D
I must admit that it took me a while to understand the inappropriacy of the ad in the original post...And though it does unintentionally address a major mistake and unlawful killing on the part of the Police, I do find the photo at the top slightly amusing...In a perfectly respectful sense, of course. :)

Sticking on the bad advert theme, I just noticed the following banner ad appear in the Google ad box (I'm surfing on a friends PC) at the top of the screen as I was reading this thread...
Now: The Americans and Canadians might find such an advertisement an interesting proposition, to be sure...But over this side of the Pond, we all know that "Amtrak" and "Fast" are never to be found in the same paragraph. Indeed...The fact that the US rail network could be significantly speeded up by the addition of Pacers is tatamount to how backwards and archaic their system really is...IMO! :|:roll::lol:

Addendum: Actually, I just had a look at that site to try and find a permanent URL for the banner and came across a few interesting photos there. Although it's probabally a 00-Gauge model distributor's page, can one of their products be taken as an indication that Amtrak have adopted and started using the APT-E? :o:shock:8)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Status
Not open for further replies.