• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bad day for Greater Anglia so far (21/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
Looks like everything's going wrong for Greater Anglia this morning. There's been problems with the overhead on the GEML between Norwich and Ipswich, a faulty level crossing at Attleborough causing havoc for Cambridge passengers, and now the Oulton Broad swing bridge has failed. :(

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Following that, this morning's 07:03 Stowmarket - Liverpool Street started at Ipswch due to "power supply problems affecting this train only". It would appear to indicate that there is another issue with using the 360s north of Ipswich again.

Last edited:

GB

Established Member
There’s on going power supply problems at stowmarket and the 360s apparently risk drawing too much power.

GB

Established Member
I think there is only one supply getting through to Stowmarket which is feeding both the OLE and the Signalling. Its a UK Power Network fault rather than a "railway fault".

colchesterken

I was at Colchester at the bus stop at about 9 00 am 21/12/17
A class 66 came slowly into platform 1 towing a sick class 90 ( panto down ) and a mk3 set I assumed to be towed into the yard to await fixing or a tow to crown point

GB

Established Member
I was at Colchester at the bus stop at about 9 00 am 21/12/17
A class 66 came slowly into platform 1 towing a sick class 90 ( panto down ) and a mk3 set I assumed to be towed into the yard to await fixing or a tow to crown point

Nothing wrong with the set per se. The train got stuck just north of Ipswich when the OHL power was lost. It was rescued as you say by the Freightliner 66 but only as far as Colchester. I imagine the 66 was returned and the mk3 set formed another service once the issues had been worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.