Bad day in Didcot area

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosherB

Established Member
Delays due to a broken down train earlier in the day, now a major incident has been declared at the old Didcot A power station due to a building collapse - casulaties have been reported.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheManBehind

Not affecting the train service.

That said, spent a few weeks working there a few years back whilst it was operating - hell of a lot of powdered fuel all over the place in the mills and burners. Explosion looks like the boiler house/furnace building, so could be something leftover?

Teaboy1

I have recently been working down at Grain B while demolition on-going at Grain A. They [the scrappers] appeared to cut through an awful lot of supporting steel work to weaken the structure prior to blasting the last few ''legs'' holding everything up.
Not a very nice place judging by the aerial shots on Beeb news. Deepest sympathy and condolences to families involved.
Quite literally Didcot looks a death trap! Somewhat removed, Grain scrappers pulled the turbine house main crane off the runway beams with nothing more than a very long piece of wire rope and a Volvo lorry tractor unit. Crude but effective. I know cos I watched 'em from GT house roof!!

Status
Not open for further replies.