• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw1ller

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456671091.078729.jpg

Ok, so I've just landed my first job on the railway at the tender age of 34. When I was 9 my dad passed away telling a joke as he worked as a gang leader fixing the tracks (I have no clue who he worked for but it was basically network rail 1991). So I've just been to see my mum and she's given me his old badges. Now I know what the RMT one is but is the RCT one anything to do with the railway or is it a Royal Corps of Transport badge. My mum can't tell be anything about his army days and all I know is he drove an ambulance in Sharjah. So I can only guess at his regiment. I was an MT driver in the Air Force and also drove ambulances occasionally so I'm guessing he wasn't a medic and was probably RTC (now the RLC)

Basically, my main question is, is the RCT badge from his army days or was there something going at that time in the railway industry with the acronym RTC?

many thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
It looks like a Royal Corps of Transport metal "shoulder title".

sw1ller

Established Member
Thanks a lot. This is what I thought but wanted to make sure it wasn't something to do with the railways. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.