• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BAG Modules at Kew Bridge Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
which weekend was this? i might have been there, my grandad helps out up there!

tramboy

Nice layout. I've a Kato Eurostar (12 cars), and have problems with it holding together...ie you can only run it with the motor car pushing the set. Is that what happens there, or have you discovered a way of holding the set together with the motor car pulling? If you have I'd be interested to know!

Cheers

Dave

LucaZone

Possibly a worn out coupler (the little scissor type ones not the articulated ones). I found that over use can make them spread out and that means they wont have the tension to hold the rest of the consist behind the coupler when going round the layout.

I had this between the centre dividing coaches which prevented me running two sets together. However to solve this I took the couplers off the spare power cars and the problem went away.

I prefer ro run mine with the Motorised Car leading so that any problems with derailment means the coaches that suffer are left behind, and there isnt some all might pile up where the power car keeps pushing the train after its crashed. :) Still fun to watch if its not your stock! hehe :evil1:

The Shinkansens are better as they use drop pins to hold the coaches together and unless the train gets aerobatic there is no way these will come apart. So the trains can be extended upto 20 coaches quite easily.

Established Member
ahh i see, i did pop in breifly to pick up my boots and say hi to everyone then came home!

Status
Not open for further replies.