• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bakerloo Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
When I was waiting for a Met line service at Finchley Road this morning I heard an announcement about a possible strike on the Bakerloo line this Friday. It won't directly affect me but, as I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, I thought I'd mention it here in case anybody else needs to know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-calls-strike-action-on-bakerloo-line/
RMT confirmed today that it has called strike action on the Bakerloo line in a dispute over the impact on train drivers over unworkable timetable changes that place operators under intolerable levels of personal stress.

A ballot for action covering driver members produced a 95% vote for action.
Members have been instructed as follows;
Not to book on for any duty after 11:59 on Friday 21st February until 11:59 on Saturday 22nd February.

Not to book on for any duty after 11:59 on Sunday 23rd February until 11:59 on Monday 24th February.

TFN

Coupled with massive closures on the Circle, H&C, Metropolitan, District and the Bank Branch of the Northern Line, I think I may just stay home :D

Lewlew

The attached image was shared on Twitter. Take of it what you will.

Attachments

• IMG-20200219-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200219-WA0002.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 128

kentrailman

No tubes at all at paddington this weekend it seems !! There will be lots of confused people especially from or to the airport !!

Dstock7080

Established Member
No tubes at all at paddington this weekend it seems !! There will be lots of confused people especially from or to the airport !!
Hammersmith & City operating Hammersmith-Baker Street every 10min and District Line operating Edgware Road-Wimbledon every 5min this weekend

Last edited:

Lewlew

Even if there was no strike, Bakerloo trains are meant to be non stopping Paddington all weekend to allow for works up in the ticket hall (removing the gateline, new one way system)

westv

Established Member
When I looked earlier I assumed it has been called off seeing "Good service" mentioned.
Thankfully the days of disputes like this affecting every line are a long distant memory.

Lewlew

“Severe delays” from strike action
A special service has/is being implemented. Drivers working this morning will be booking off very soon. Hopefully they are able to keep a service going for the rest of the day with whoever books on. Likely to be nothing at start of traffic tomorrow though.

Lewlew

When did (or do) these timetable changes start? What is "unworkable" about them?
The current timetable was introduced last May. The new one with improvements will be bought in 8 weeks early on 22nd March.

Nothing is unworkable. There's more turn around time at Queen's Park, there's extra time at Elephant in between trains, they're getting two more drivers at Queen's Park. There's still more work to be done but this is a very good start as LU are constrained by Network Rail to change the section between Queens Park and Harrow.

The strike is a complete waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.