• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BALFOUR BEATTY ON TRACK MACHINE OPERATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidlandsChap

Just out of interest I have had a scan around their website.
Didnt see one salary mentioned. Got to be one of by biggest pet peaves.
The chance of me ever applying for a job without a stated salary is zero.

Stigy

Established Member
Just out of interest I have had a scan around their website.
Didnt see one salary mentioned. Got to be one of by biggest pet peaves.
The chance of me ever applying for a job without a stated salary is zero.
Most companies don’t advertise salaries these days, but to be fair the railway is one of the better industries at advertising salaries (NWR specifically put salary scales on all of their ads). I think it’s because they don’t want people to apply just for the salary. I appreciate people have bills to pay etc, but as long as you know a rough scale, that should be enough I’d imagine? The salary shouldn’t be the reason you apply for a job in my eyes. A decent salary is a bonus, but it should be secondary to doing a job you actually want to do.

Regan

Plenty of otm opportunities on the colas website problem is they have lost so many experienced operators to freight can only see these rail companies hiring from outside the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.