• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Banbury LMD Chiltern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
The planning consent for the new maintenance depot at Banbury was granted a while ago - can anyone who works/lives locally say how much of the building work has been completed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hmm, would have thought some building work would have started by now. Then again I have also heard that the Banbury resignalling has been put back as well.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hmm, would have thought some building work would have started by now. Then again I have also heard that the Banbury resignalling has been put back as well.

This post in the ongoing Banbury works thread mentioned groundworks going on in the former depot back in late November:

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2376531&postcount=81

Signalling is due to be done in the first week in August, it was announced by NR recently and I linked to their PR piece in that thread.

Established Member

The Planner

Veteran Member
It has been moved back slightly to fit in with the Hinksey flood works, which were moved at BMWs request.

BanburyBlue

Last time I went past, a couple of weeks ago, the groundworks were still ongoing. Looked liked they were removing the old brickwork at ground level from the original shed.

Haven't seen any works for the new platform 4 though - does anyone know the status of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.