• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Banbury to London Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

hick

I have both super off peak and off peak tickets available and wish to make a journey to South London from Banbury. I know I can use the tickets to MYB and PAD and I've been looking at the routing guide and using maps BB+WR and BB+WX it appears I can get to Waterloo and Victoria. Is this correct?

If the above is correct is it permitted to break the journey short at somewhere like Clapham?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, WX+BB is a mapped route which allows Waterloo/Victoria to Reading (via either Staines or Basingstoke) to Banbury. Break of journey is permitted on both SVR and OPRs between Banbury and London so you'd be allowed to start at any intermediate station on a Permitted Route (which doesn't include any stations in Clapham but does include Clapham Junction in Battersea </pedant>).

Last edited:

calc7

Established Member
All-in-all the Chiltern SSRs are very useful tickets. One wonders how long it'll be before the Oxford-London fare reaches the Banbury-London SSR.

John @ home

Established Member
If the above is correct is it permitted to break the journey short at somewhere like Clapham?
Yes.

Banbury - London Terminals route Any Permitted has
  • £37 Off-Peak Return (SVR) with validity code WM, and
  • £25 Super Off-Peak Return (OPR) with validity code PV.
Neither code places any restriction on "starting, breaking or ending a journey at intermediate stations", so Condition 16 of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage allows any or all of these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.