• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bangkok Airport Express extension with new trains

What do you think the extra trains for Bangkok Airport Express will be?

• 350/2 when they are displaced from WMT(LNWR)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Knowing that there will be an extension from Phaya Thai-Don Mueang International Airport so i wondered if there will be new trains subject to extension

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Slightly different in both cases, the "360s" have much larger aircon units, and some have longitudinal seating and others 2+2 without armrests but with the same interior scheme as the /1s (i.e. blue Grammer E3000 seats with yellow flecks).

The "158s" were based on the UK ones and visually look like them outside (and were delivered and used for some time in Regional Railways Express livery), but have slam doors and the interior is very different. They are also narrow gauge units.

A few pics here: http://www.andrewgrantham.co.uk/state-railway-of-thailand-class-158-a-like/

And the interior (which does have some 158 like features e.g. the luggage rack and lighting conduit):

(Changed to a link as I know the stock photo companies don't like people embedding their images)

Last edited:

Beebman

Here's a photo I took of one at Bangkok Hua Lamphong station in April 2011:

IMG_0189s.jpg

I didn't get to travel on one though during my visit to the country.

dutchflyer

Established Member
For THIS new non-extension, but rather skytrain-type high-level metro-style service (red line) above the existing railline there are already Chinese built new metro-type trains standing and in initial driver-training at the also then to be opened brand new supersize BKK-main station, the then actual starting point-for the time being (untill a connection is ready into the existing other ARL to the east).
These UK-built sets were used after delivery for a year of 2-3 on kind of ´super-express de luxe´ daytime trains from BKK to the major destinations for daytime travel on rails, with stewardesses and meals offered. This gradually ceased and the trains were then used on ever minor and minor services and I think even the odd one after beyond repair was used as unmotored carriage. See for probably more details the Thai items o skyscrapercity by khun Wisaruth. (former worker on SRT).

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Knowing that there will be an extension from Phaya Thai-Don Mueang International Airport so i wondered if there will be new trains subject to extension

Does this mean that you can get a train from Don Mueang Airport Bangkok, (The old airport, now used I think for low cost airlines) and the newer Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok ?

I know Don Mueang Airport had a station, I think on the line from Bangkok to the North?

duesselmartin

Established Member
Slightly different in both cases, the "360s" have much larger aircon units, and some have longitudinal seating and others 2+2 without armrests but with the same interior scheme as the /1s (i.e. blue Grammer E3000 seats with yellow flecks).

The "158s" were based on the UK ones and visually look like them outside (and were delivered and used for some time in Regional Railways Express livery), but have slam doors and the interior is very different. They are also narrow gauge units.

A few pics here: http://www.andrewgrantham.co.uk/state-railway-of-thailand-class-158-a-like/

And the interior (which does have some 158 like features e.g. the luggage rack and lighting conduit):

(Changed to a link as I know the stock photo companies don't like people embedding their images)

That "bogey joint" certainly looks scary. I wonder why they did that? Same with the doors. Surely those parts are not that complicated?

Martin

cle

Established Member
Is it still super-disjointed? Like at Phaya Thai itself, and the self-contained nature between MTS and BTS etc...with interchanges having different station names, ticketing systems - or have they begun to integrate into a network as yet.

D365

Veteran Member

My goodness, they do look rather more Pacer-like from the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.