• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

banned from selling on ebay,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

I've been banned from selling on ebay due to events outside of my control.
And they won't be reasoned with.
Any advice about setting up new ebay/paypal accounts will be welcome.
Anyone else ion here gone through this?
I've had a look on the internet and it seems that they do this to people all the time. They don't seem to realize that its real people with real bills to pay and real children to feed that they do this to.
I have loads of items to sell that I know will sell on ebay.
I've been selling on amazon but that is nowhere near as lucrative as ebay.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Any advice about setting up new ebay/paypal accounts will be welcome.

I doubt you would get away with that; even with dynamic IP addresses they are very good at spotting banned sellers trying to set up again. If you have a permanent ban then unfortunately you will also find that nobody else in your household will be able to set up an e-Bay account.

CarlSilva

When you said youre' been banned from selling, is that just for the account you already had, or is it so bad they said you can't start another account ?

It says on tehir site you can have multipl;e accounts, so why not start anoathter one.

Using multiple accounts

Policy overview

There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account. For example, users who like to buy and sell may want separate accounts for each activity. Other users who maintain businesses on eBay may prefer to manage separate accounts for different product lines.

Whether you have one account or more, eBay expects users to manage each of their accounts effectively in order to meet the highest buyer and seller standards. These standards and rules regarding performance, risk, and best practices are applicable for each account and help ensure a safe and positive experience on eBay.

Users are expected to resolve issues as they arise, and follow the steps provided by eBay to bring accounts back into good standing before continuing to buy or sell with other accounts. Learn more about how to increase limits on your account.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

DaleCooper

Established Member
I think you will need:

A new email address
A different IP address
A different postal address
A different bank account (perhaps in a different name)

Jonny

Established Member
I think you will need:

A new email address
A different IP address
A different postal address
A different bank account (perhaps in a different name)

I'm assuming that the circumstances really were out of your control, but I would second what the previous poster said and also that:

Oh, and make sure that you have cleared all browser data relating to ebay, use a different browser program or even use a different device. It's not that hard to tell what device you're using, especially with JavaScript and/or HTML5 canvas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting ).

PS If there was an element and/or possibility of someone hacking your account, then I would advise not saving the password. It might be a bit awkward but it would be worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.