• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bargain berth sleeper tickets - Use of lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF-02

I have a bargain berth e-ticket to Fort William and was wondering if I join Scotrail's advance club (it says you need a sleeper ticket to join but isn't more specific) could I use the Virgin lounge at Euston?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I do believe that the Advance Loyalty Scheme, is referring to dedicated Sleeper Tickets. I.e The All Inclusive Sleeper Singles. Not Bargain Berths.

lyesbkz

(assuming you manage to join the Advance scheme)

My understanding is that you can use the lounge:

Generally ScotRail lounge policy for members is that you may use the lounge if you present your Advance card and any valid ScotRail ticket for that day. For the Virgin lounge at Euston, I'd imagine the "any valid ticket" would need to be some kind of Sleeper ticket and not something ridiculous like an Edinburgh-Glasgow single :P

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I qualified for Advance with a railcard-discounted First Class single between Edinburgh Waverley and Haymarket.

I didn't even use the ticket! It was bought at Birmingham International, with some incredulity.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.