• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barmouth/Wrexham round robin now improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
For those of you like me who dont want to make the full circuit ie Wrexham/Shrewsbury/Pwhelli/Bangor/Chester etc, GHA coaches of Wrexham have from today been awarded a Traws Cambria contract to run 13 services each weekday between Wrexham/Ruabon to Barmouth via Bala & Dolgellau.

Arriva bus Wales gave up the old route X 94 last December and through local AMs assistance GHA took it over in a seamless post Christmas move.

The service from today is double the old X 94 service.

Timetable here http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/Timetables/T3MS12A.html

The route is also a lifeline,being the only form of public transport in the many areas of the Dee Valley.BR withdrew services in 1964 between Ruabon and Barmouth.I am also sure Llangollen railway could do a plusbus between Corwen and Llangollen, Anyhow the news is good.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
GHA coaches of Wrexham have from today been awarded a Traws Cambria contract to run 13 services each weekday between Wrexham/Ruabon to Barmouth via Bala & Dolgellau..
begin pedant mode...

The X94 was TrawsCambria, the new contract is the TrawsCymru T3. The Welsh Government are slowly replacing the old brand

...end pedant mode

Argueablly, there are just one or two TrawsCambria routes left now. Personally, I am of the opinion that TrawsCambria routes that have not been rebranded as anything else (eg. CymruExpress) and don't appear on the TrawsCymru website are still TrawsCambria until WAG announce otherwise.

merlodlliw

Established Member
begin pedant mode...

The X94 was TrawsCambria, the new contract is the TrawsCymru T3. The Welsh Government are slowly replacing the old brand

...end pedant mode

Argueablly, there are just one or two TrawsCambria routes left now. Personally, I am of the opinion that TrawsCambria routes that have not been rebranded as anything else (eg. CymruExpress) and don't appear on the TrawsCymru website are still TrawsCambria until WAG announce otherwise.

Absolutely correct T3 is Traws Cymru , I was getting confused with the vast Coleg Cambria site in Wrexham, this new service also carries students to it.
Well spotted

merlodlliw

Established Member
Whatever it's called, this is good news!

Fully agree, I am now told due to demand, double deckers are to be used soon,dont know if WG are providing the funding for these.

Arriva Bus Wales,owned by DB, in giving up the route,have shown GHA to be more pro active, Ruabon station has 13 calls each way(26) a day,Arriva stopped using the station from its other routes recently.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Double deckers would be great on that route, the view would be excellent from the upper deck. I wish we had some on Gower, the view form single deck buses isn;t bad, but it would be much better 'upstairs'!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It's just a shame that in the hours they both run to/from Dolgellau, the 38 and the T3 (the only weekday services to Barmouth) are rarely more than 5 minutes apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.