• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barnsley bus 265 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Hello.

Me and a mate of mine are going to Worsbrough Bridge v Worksop Parramore to see football on Tuesday evening, the 2136 bus is set to get into Barnsley Interchange at 2150 and our train is at 2206 back to Sheffield and if we miss it, were at Sheffield station for the night as we need to get the 2247 from Sheffield to Chinley. Anyone know if this (the 265) is a reliable service or are we best booking a taxi just to make sure?

Cheers

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Don't know that service but after many years of using the bus you generally find that early morning and late night services are reliable. But at the same time if it doesn't turn up then the next one could be ages away!

ALEMASTER

265 Barnsley-Sheffield bus is normally reliable, timekeeping can be bad in the daytime sometimes but evening should be OK although I suggest you get to the stop in good time in case it comes through a few mins early. Works out of Ecclesfield depot in Sheffield.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Yeah at night i find it a very reliable bus, runs down bottom of my road. Get there a few minutes early if i was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.