• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barrow Hill Diesel Gala 9th July 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold

Hi all, I went to the Barrow Hill 2006 Diesel Gala and I have to say this proved to be a great day out.
There were lots of activities to take part in as well as the great sight of seeing well restored locos on display.

There was also a Deltic Driving Simulator which allowed you to be in full control of the Deltics cab controls and the movement and reations would be shown on a screen in front of you. Very simular to the Desiro Simulator (only difference, the screen would display the product of Trainz 2004, but would still give you the experince of driving a loco). A photo of me on the simulator is shown below:

101_0431_resized.jpg

The shuttles also took place which last for around 20 mins, but for nothing, is worth it for the benefit of bashing decent traction. The shuttles were operated by: class 37, 20, 03, 73, 33 and 66.

This was truly a great day to remember and am possibly considering to go next year as well.

My photos can be found at:

http://harold-baileys-rail-pix.fotopic.net/c1017284.html

Enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
For those interested in having a go, the simulator should be in action at the Deltic event at Barrow Hill on August 12th & 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.