• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barrow in Furness - Carlisle - Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

XC victim

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I am travelling from Barrow in Furness to Lancaster on this Thursday, and I fancied a ride up the Cumbrian coast to Carlisle then down the main line to Lancaster.

What is the cheapest way to do this? I will be travelling in the off peak period

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XC victim

Thanks, I didn't know if they still did these tickets, I could find any thing about them online

crehld

Established Member
The ticket office at Barrow will have no problem whatsoever identifying and selling you this ticket. They're used quite frequently.

ScotTrains

It's often cheaper to use Virgin trains advance fares with connections to travel on scenic lines. For example a Barrow to Glasgow (via the Cumbrian coast) ticket is only £11.50. A similar trick can be used for the Settle Carlisle route too. It does limit you to specific services meaning you can't hop on and off. Also, technically you 'should' complete the whole journey otherwise it is short ticketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.