• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barrow to Manchester airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev23a

Hi, I hope somebody can help me here. We have booked the 12-25 train this coming sunday ( 20th)
The 2 earlier trains involve buses to lancaster because of engineering works. these works are supposed to be done by 12-00.
If the works arent done in time, and our train is delayed, we could miss our flight. Should i be worried ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dangie

How much lee-way have you built into the time you reach the airport and check-in time?
My advice will be, if in doubt catch an earlier train (or bus). Hopefully worry sorted.

sonic2009

Established Member
What type of ticket do you hold?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

kev23a

train due to arrive at man airport just less than 2 hrs before flight,but we only have hand luggage so we go straight through to security.
we have open return tickets.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Go earlier. Even if you arrive 3-4 hours early at the Airport it is better safer than sorry. You will be allowed to go earlier with those tickets.

cuccir

Established Member
open return tickets

Just to check, are they Anytime tickets? Open return is the old name for those. Just making sure we know that you definitely have the sort of tickets we're thinking of!

I'd also travel early. Would you rather be a bit bored at the airport for a few hours or miss your flight? If you have Anytime tickets you can get off at Piccadilly in Manchester and then catch another train to the airport later on if you want.

Established Member
Go a few hours before hand - always better to be safe rather than sorry.

TPE have a good scheme from Manchester Airport and Liverpool John Lennon whereby you can travel on a TPE service with an Airport Advance if your inbound flight is delayed (upto 3 hours after the advertised departure time on the ticket).

Sammy h

I would be going as early as possible on a Sunday. I work at Lancaster and it isn't unusual for the engineering works to over run.

kev23a

Thanks everybody,because of your feedback my mates taking us through to lancaster.
problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.