• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barry Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
A bit of a Wrexham Central scenario I think here! At Barry Island, weekday off-peak, its services are scheduled to arrive into it at xx25 and xx55, leaving at these times also. The xx25 inward is given 7 minutes from Barry, but only 5 back, so is it correct to assume that the xx25 arrival and departure are indeed the same unit, using the 2 min 'slack' to turn around, or does each set have a 30 minute turnaround? (I can't actually see how that is possible with the branch's layout.)

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
I think this was mentioned in a recent thread about Wrexham Central, and the same thing applies - the same service "arrives" at XX:25 and "departs" at XX:25

Tomnick

Established Member
WTT times show xx:23 and xx:53 arrivals and xx:26 and xx:56 departures. As you say, it's impossible to have more than one unit on the branch at once.

Established Member
A similar thing applies to Penarth. According to the public timetable trains only have a one-minute turnaround, although in reality it's more like three or four minutes. The inbound train has five minutes to get from Dingle Road to Penarth, but the outbound train only has two minutes to get back to Dingle Road. Although that said, there is quite a steep hill at Dingle Road which Penarth-bound trains have to climb, but I wouldn't imagine it would make that much difference.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Recovery allowances for TSRs and Performance already established on the Wrexham Central thread

Status
Not open for further replies.