• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barton Line to EMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that the Barton Line is to transfer from Northern to EMT this year, is this still happening and does anyone know the exact date.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'm sure it was meant to be October 2017 (i.e. around about now), but I have seen nothing to indicate it has already switched, or will do imminently.

Given the ongoing consultation into the new EM franchise, could it have been deferred pending the outcome of that? The Barton line is featured in the consultation talks.

daodao

Established Member
All the Lincolnshire services should be run by EMT, including Sheffield-Lincoln, Sheffield-Cleethorpes via Brigg (currently Sats only), the Barton line, Cleethorpes-M/c Airport and Sheffield-Scunthorpe, apart from those on the ECML (Grantham is the only stop in Lincolnshire) and a Cleethorpes-Lincoln-King's X through service, which should be re-introduced. Rail services to Lincolnshire, since the closures of 1970, are poor or non-existent, especially in the east of the county, and there seems to be no drive to improve services in this region unlike elsewhere.

lejog

Established Member
I read somewhere that the Barton Line is to transfer from Northern to EMT this year, is this still happening and does anyone know the exact date.

Thanks.

Its supposed to happen at the start of the new EMT franchise.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I did a load of those Lincs lines earlier this month. I think the Barton to Cleethorpes was a Northern 153 single unit, Kirton Lindsey to Grimsby was a Northern 142 or 143 pacer. I was in a railgroup of 36 passengers and the driver and guard were taking pictures before they let us on that Saturday train.** It's on social media somewhere. We also did Scunthorpe to Barntby on a TPE 3 coach train and a single 153 EMT unit onto Lincoln.
**We did also do that Sat only service in the summer, it was very busy with trippers from Sheffield where it started who were going to Cleethorpes for the day, the evening return was busy too.

Considering the lowish population in that area, all the trains were well used, the stations in good condition as was the track, much of it doubled. I think there is a lot of freight for the Steelworks and Immingham, even on the services via Kirton Lindsey.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
I'm expecting the Northern > EMT Humberlinc Line handover will be at the next timetable change, as I doubt it'll happen within the next nine days.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I thought it would happen at the commencement of the new EMT franchise?

55z

It is supposed to be at the beginning of the new East Midlands Trains franchise with the transfer of one class 153 from Arriva Rail Northern to the new EMT. All detailed in the ARN franchise agreement.

pdeaves

Established Member
I contacted East Midlands Trains near the beginning of this thread. The response came today, "this line won't be part of our route until at least August 2019".

Status
Not open for further replies.