• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Basingstoke re-signalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

When will all basingstoke be shut off for 2 weeks (sometime around april IIRC) for re-signalling to take place. I need dates so I can plan around them in plenty of time (probably means going from Fareham-Wolverhampton via Bristol (takes 5.29 hrs currently). Are standard tickets available for this route?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Via Reading would mean going through Basingstoke. :lol: (if you take the most common sense route...)

Coxster

Established Member
Via Reading would mean going through Basingstoke. :lol: (if you take the most common sense route...)
Well, when Basingstoke is closed off the Weymouths will obviously be diverted, so it would be quite easy to do Fareham-Guildford-Reading.

Established Member
Dads doing the breifings for both Basingstoke and pompey resignalling atm!!

nutter

I've done the Guildford route before, I want to go via Bristol this time, get more route miles, and Ill be heading towards my destination for longer. I just want to know the dates so I can tell my dad when I'm coming home and I'll be late (He worries about me travelling home with a 75kg rucksack on my little legs, i'm only 60kg so I can understand it)

Coxster

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.