• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Basingstoke to Woking on Basingstoke to Ash Vale season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basingstoke

I have recently started commuting from Basingstoke to Woking. I have been using a monthly Basingstoke to Woking season (£324.10 - wow!). However I have been told by a colleague that this is not the cheapest ticket and that the cheapest ticket is actually Basingstoke to Ash Vale (£235.10) and this is valid because you are permitted to change at Woking and a season allows you to break the journey early (at Woking). . Saving the best part of £100 is certainly attractive!

However I am seeking confirmation this is actually valid because the journey planners all show a change at Brookwood and not Woking for such a journey. Is this ticket actually valid to Woking too? Am I likely to face any problems with guards or the ticket barriers at Woking (I'm told these will reject the ticket and I will have to ask to be let through). Assuming it is valid at all, is it valid on all trains from Basingstoke to Woking or would it only be valid on the stopping trains that stop at Brookwood? Is there anything I can print out and keep with me, as I expect to have "issues" so would like to present something that confirms what I am doing is permitted.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Last edited:

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
the journey planners all show a change at Brookwood and not Woking for such a journey.
Which journey planners do you mean by "all"? Chiltern Railways, for example, certainly shows Basingstoke to Ash Vale as valid via Woking on the £12 Off-Peak Day Single fare; see attached.

Attachments

• bsk-ahv.png
    bsk-ahv.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 11

FenMan

Established Member
To the OP:
I suggest you post a few more messages somewhere on the forum - not necessarily in this thread - so that the personal messaging facility becomes available. At which point please send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.