• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bath to Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Jarrett

BR fares.com shows a Off Peak Return route Warminster/Salisbury from Bath to Wimbledon at £50.80. This is an ideal ticket for two elderly visiting me as the journey will involve one change at Woking (which is normally on the level from Platform 2 to Woking Pier, aka Platform 3) from the through Bristol-Waterloo service and avoids the grief of them changing at Clapham Junction (and changing platforms as well)

However, I am having trouble buying it on line - all the journey planners that I have tried seem to want to sell you more expensive tickets and in most cases the Any Permitted Super Off Peak Return. That's even when I specify route Warminster Salisbury and avoid Clapham Junction

But a nice work around seems to be to buy Bath to Wimbledon Chase Off Peak Return route Warminster/Salisbury, albeit at the same price, and finish short (and start short on the return) at Wimbledon.

My simple question is why is it so difficult to buy the ticket that I want and instead have to use a work around. Answers on a postcard please!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
I tried the mixing deck on C2C and said to "avoid" Clapham Junction, clicked on "timetables only", specified to call at Salisbury, clicked on update, clicked on buy ticket, and ended up with pretty much only journeys for which the £50.80 ticket is valid. One further thought, if the passengers are going to travel together but do not have senior railcards yet will travel together again, a Two Together railcard would not only pay for itself (just) on this trip but give discounts on subsequent trips (although because it's valid on weekdays only after 9.30am would rule out departing Bath on the 0907).

Status
Not open for further replies.