• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Battlefield Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

xc170

Despite it being my closest preserved railway, I, like many others are guilty of forgetting it exists, but on Sunday, me, my partner and 2 year old son decided to take a trip to the Battlefield line.

After a late start and missing the 13:45 train from Shackerstone by about two minutes, we sat down for a coffee in the lovely little station buffet, a little under an hour later, our train pulled in and to my surprise and delight, it wasn't a steam engine, it was the resident DMU set. :D:D

The journey to Shenton was short but scenic, it's such a shame this little line doesn't get more of a mention on here.

It was also my first outing with the new Fujifilm X-T20 after moving over form Nikon.

Anyway, on with the images.

M55005 by Adam P, on Flickr

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanM

I agree, it's a nice friendly little line and often overlooked.
Lovely photos by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.