• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BBC overseas texts? Which station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswyntail

Established Member
_80515996_worldcup-iosmobile-criket_alert.jpg
This is the image being used to top the BBC Cricket World Cup text alert page. The background looks fairly overseas to me. Any ideas

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimm

Established Member
_80515996_worldcup-iosmobile-criket_alert.jpg
This is the image being used to top the BBC Cricket World Cup text alert page. The background looks fairly overseas to me. Any ideas

The train is a Belgian AM96 emu - the yellow door in the nose is the giveaway - I'm fairly sure it is the train shed at Antwerp Centraal station.

Established Member
The train is a Belgian AM96 emu - the yellow door in the nose is the giveaway - I'm fairly sure it is the train shed at Antwerp Centraal station.

Yes, agreed - the old Antwerp before the cross-city tunnel was built I'd say as well, you don't get such a unclustered view now unless they found a very cheeky angle that does still look real!

sarahj

Established Member
Agreed. The EMU on the left is in old SNCB colours (red with a white stripe). So not a recent picture.

As a note, when the BBC does an online article on Brighton, they always use a picture of the Palace Pier, with the sign saying 'Palace Pier'. The sign now says 'Brighton Pier' (long story) and has done for over 14 years.

Established Member
The EMU on the left in the picture is an AM86, most of which are still in the old red livery. But that's definitely Antwerpen-Centraal, and yes it is well worth a visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.