• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BBC report on SWT Tweeting team & WICC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Great article, might lay some rumours to rest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18547819

BBC News said:
Handling the London Waterloo rush hour on Twitter

It was 15:30 on a Wednesday, and a man was threatening to throw himself off a bridge and into the path of an oncoming train.

As emergency services tried to talk him to safety, which they did, Allison Dunn was left with a different problem - the rush hour.

As South West Trains social media head, she knew thousands of commuters were about to descend on Waterloo - London's busiest terminal - and many would turn to their phones for information.

At 15:33, she tweeted on the official South West Trains Twitter account: "All lines through Wimbledon station currently blocked owing to emergency services dealing with an incident at Wimbledon. More to follow."

There was a lot more to follow . By the end of the evening more than 150 tweets had been sent out - double the usual number....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PFX

Also reminds you that it isn't just a company automaton on the other end but a human being who doesn't deserve what I'd imagine must be fairly full on abuse a lot of the time.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
true, I met Allison recently and we discussed a couple of ideas regarding the SWT Twitter account etc. She is a very friendly lady with a positive outlook and great enthusiasm for what she does, but she isn't the only tweeter I should point out!

Aictos

Established Member
Thanks for this, read the article earlier and found it very very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.