• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[BBC] 'Straight-to-mobile' ticket plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

Rail travellers could soon be able to use "ticket-to-mobile" technology to buy train tickets, rail company chiefs announce.

Click here for more...

VT's PR department is amazing. Any other TOC's does this, and there is no fuss, but if VT do it, it is widely publicised. I read in fSR's "insight" magazine months ago about a "ticket sent to your mobile" scheme being trialled soon. National Express have done it for ages with all their tickets as well. So really it is "old" technology now, but Virgin have made it look like it's their new innovation.

metrocammel

"Tickets please?"
"I can't, my phone ran out of juice"

It is a valid problem, Nick. It is however not a terrible problem, as all the text contains is a serial number, which is also relayed to your email address, so unless you cant logon to your computer, turn on your phone and have no idea of your serial no., you should be OK. There is not much scope for fare dodgers here, as the excuses would just not wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.