• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BBC Trainspotting Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DasLunatic

"I haven't got any 700s in my books"

Well, you're not going to get any at Clapham Junction...

Scott M

That young lad did trainspotters a service - came across as well dressed and sociable. :) Wonder if he is on here, should have mentioned the name of his site!

Harbornite

Established Member
That young lad did trainspotters a service - came across as well dressed and sociable. :) Wonder if he is on here, should have mentioned the name of his site!

He coped in front of the cameras, unlike Thomas yesterday.

Harbornite

Established Member
I've just realised how soothing Hannah Fry's voice is. No wonder the signalman had a stiff lever, fnar fnar.

Last edited:

Scott M

All live TV tends to be a rush - if you watch American news shows you will see. They can't possibly know exactly how long segments will take and don't have the luxury of being able to edit it into time like prerecorded shows.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
That Hannah Fry is magic! How did she get from Didcot to Stalybridge so quickly? :lol:

Though she did mention the greatest town on the planet, so that's a plus! ;)

Haig paxton

If any of the presenters are reading over this it'll be Tim Dunn. I wish people would stop moaning about the programme, it's better than nothing.

Harbornite

Established Member
If any of the presenters are reading over this it'll be Tim Dunn. I wish people would stop moaning about the programme, it's better than nothing.

I agree. I'll point out the odd flaw but the programme is refreshing and light hearted, I'm hoping for a second series.

DasLunatic

"Darth Vaders" don't exist anymore. They were the Class 460s that were cannibalised to form the 458/5s, were they not?

But anyways, I'd happily watch another season of this.

Last edited:

trash80

Established Member
"Darth Vaders" don't exist anymore. They were the Class 460s that were cannibalised to form the 458/5s, were they not?

But anyways, I'd happily watch another season of this.

They mean 180s, i've never heard them called that before though

Scott M

Ahh so sorry that show has ended! :(

Thoroughly enjoyed it, really good concept and I'm with Harbonite - really hope they make a second series!

Antman

Established Member
Ahh so sorry that show has ended! :(

Thoroughly enjoyed it, really good concept and I'm with Harbonite - really hope they make a second series!

I agree, I wasn't expecting perfection but all very enjoyable ;)

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

They've been using it for 180s. On the whole, it was a bit different from the usual railway programming. It wasn't very well organised though and was rather lumbered with the pomposity and incompetence of Peter Snow. Sounds to have been quite popular with "normals" though so who knows, it might be back...

Status
Not open for further replies.