• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Beautiful (and accurate!) new tube diagram map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LE Greys

Established Member
An excellent piece of work! I do know it takes a LOT of patience to do this, so well done!

I've been attempting to update the 1964 HC Beck diagram (as opposed to the Garbutt one that London Transport actually used). I've done 1970, 1974, 1979, 1986, 1989, 1991 and now 1993. This will be really useful in getting to the present day. Here is the 'current' version. The 'hump' in the Circle allows the Victoria to run straight through King's Cross-St Pancras to Euston, while a few more right angles make the diagram 'cleaner' and increase some apparent distances (Amersham is now 'further' from Uxbridge). Please ignore most of the gubbins on the right.

Attachments

• Tube Map 1993 - Modified.jpg
    Tube Map 1993 - Modified.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 128

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I helped Andrew with the data entry for A Series of Tubes (from a paper book of track layouts). It's changed a bit since the original beta. Originally we left out all sidings and most crossings, only putting in pieces of track that passenger-carrying services could run on.

We thought that this extra information would add clutter, but apparently its what people wanted, so they had to be added.

You may also be interested in http://stations.aeracode.org/ - you can drag the camera around.

LE Greys

Established Member
I helped Andrew with the data entry for A Series of Tubes (from a paper book of track layouts). It's changed a bit since the original beta. Originally we left out all sidings and most crossings, only putting in pieces of track that passenger-carrying services could run on.

We thought that this extra information would add clutter, but apparently its what people wanted, so they had to be added.

You may also be interested in http://stations.aeracode.org/ - you can drag the camera around.

I remember a rather wonderful Eagle comic diagram of the 1960s Camden Town. Apart from the detail put in, this is just as good, perhaps more useful because you can view it from multiple angles. Thanks!

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Stratford Jubilee is a bit suspect on the aeracode map. As is Stanmore for that matter.

Wonderful map though. Simple yet conveys a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.