• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Beccles Loop work to commence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PinzaC55

Isn't it rather sad that Britain gave railways to the world and yet we have sunk so low that installing a passing loop on a line which was formerly double track merits its own news article?

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Isn't it rather sad that Britain gave railways to the world and yet we have sunk so low that installing a passing loop on a line which was formerly double track merits its own news article?

Not really, its an infrastructure projects that doubles the frequency of a line id say that deserves its own news story regardless of the past....

PinzaC55

Not really, its an infrastructure projects that doubles the frequency of a line id say that deserves its own news story regardless of the past....

I'm talking about the scale of things. Its like visiting a Capability Brown garden and planting an Aspidistra, then making a news article about it.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I know but they have to be seen to be improving... it raises public interest and therefore passengers...

NSEFAN

Established Member
This line definetely needs this loop! 2 hours is a long time to wait if you miss your train...

Some work looks like it has already started at Beccles. Clicky

The RETB token system between Oulton Broad South and Westerfield is being replaced with "proper" signals, as the frequencies used for RETB have been reallocated. These new signals may be controlled from the box at Saxmundham. I found this out from a gentleman updating the East Suffolk Travellers' Association notice board at Melton station.

Z12XE

I would like to know where the stock is going to come from to provide the additional services.

Aparently its to be tighter diagramming, but I hold out little hope for that given the frequent DMU shortages already in East Anglia.

Status
Not open for further replies.