• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedford - Arundel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi,

I've been looking for Bedford - Arundel tickets for my mum for this Friday/Saturday. One adult, no railcard, going there Friday, need to arrive by 11:00. Returning Saturday, departing around midday.

Cheapest I can find is a combination of a Off-Peak Return London - Arundel (£26.95 with Southern online discount), a Bedford - London peak single (£23.50) and a Bedford - London Super Off Peak Day Return (discarding the outward half - cost £14).

Total: £64.45 plus cross-London travel (probably going to convince her to get an Oyster card)

Can anyone do any better? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
It's cheaper to use National Rail for cross-London Travel.
Cheapest I can find is a combination of a Off-Peak Return London - Arundel (£26.95 with Southern online discount)
Agreed.
a Bedford - London peak single (£23.50) and a Bedford - London Super Off Peak Day Return (discarding the outward half - cost £14).
These tickets are issued Bedford - London Thameslink and may be used to London Bridge on an FCC service towards Brighton. Remain on the train at London Bridge, and use the London - Arundel ticket from here. There are a number of possible changing points. I find that East Croydon usually gives a connection on the same platform island.
probably going to convince her to get an Oyster card
Not necessary on this occasion.

sonic2009

Established Member
Do you realise the first train from London Bridge available on the SVR London - Arundel is 0957 (First service with a valid connection) arriving at 1129.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

johnnycache

I work for Southern so forgive this suggestion...

Bedford
Bletchley £6 single

Bletchley
Arundel Advance from southernrailway.com £6

Arundel Bletchley Advance from southernrailway.com £6

Bletchley
Bedford £6 single

Total £24

Less with railcard
6% off through topcashback/southernrailway.com

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Do you realise the first train from London Bridge available on the SVR London - Arundel is 0957 (First service with a valid connection) arriving at 1129.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Yes I am aware of that, hence suggesting Victoria :)

cjohnson

Note there's no Victoria line this Saturday which will make it take longer to get form Vic to St P.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Ah - OK! Think the change is easier at LBG or ECR anyway - with the latter, the 0948 service is valid, arriving 1102 on an Off-Peak ticket.

One thing that is confusing me slightly - WebTIS is happy to sell me a Bedford - Arundel Off-Peak Return for any train on the Friday, including the morning peak - is this a bug or is there something obvious (or not obvious!) Im missing? Restriction code says after 0930 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.